Saturday, May 28, 2011

Spice Rack Challenge June: Mint

Even though this is the Spice Rack Challenge, we often have herbs in our spice rack.  So this month, the challenge ingredient is mint.  Feel free to use it fresh, dried or even as an extract.  My home state of Michigan has a rich and storied mint history, and we have our own mint festival in St. Johns, which is a small town near Lansing.     Since St. Johns is near my inlaws, I may have to pay a visit to this year's festival in August.   I'm inspired by "Minty" the mascot, pictured above.   Aren't you?

So, let's hear about your mint recipes. Start posting June 11, and make sure to have your post up by June 17 to be included in this month's round up.   Post a link in the comments section here and I'll make sure not to miss you!

7 comments:

Tracy's Living Cookbook said...

Mint. That will be a new one for me. I'm thinking about conquering the perfect mint julep or perhaps a mojito! You did say the 'liquid' form of mint would be fine! ha ha

Vivienne said...

I finally planted spearmint in spite of its invasive character so I could have it for tabbouleh. It is really essential. Good on any Middle Eastern type sandwich, like falafel, too (chopped, don't overdo).

When I was growing up, we put it in our iced tea, but I've lost that taste.

Sun Runner said...

I finally got my act together and did something for this month's challenge.

Tricia said...

I just made chimmichurri for the first time yesterday, but I didn't have nearly as much mint as the recipe called for. Maybe I should make it again!

farmgal said...

Ohhh, Mint, I am on a working holiday at my family out west at the moment but I like this months challange, if I get home in time, I will make new stuff, if not, I am going to share a recipe, that I made before I left, that used fresh apple mint in it.

Nicole Pearce said...

Rhubarb Mojitos anyone? http://arcticgardenstudio.blogspot.com/2011/06/rhubarb-mojitos.html

Maggie said...

I've got to get a Minty shirt! It's short but I got a post in this month. Looking forward to seeing what everyone else does with mint.