Sunday, March 01, 2009

Ann Arbor Whole Wheat Waffles

What I made for breakfast this morning...

2 c. whole wheat pastry flour (I like Westwind Milling - it can be purchased at the People's Food Co-op in Ann Arbor)
1 c. milk
1 really ripe banana, mashed - okay, not so local, but it was there
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 eggs
2 T. vegetable oil
3 T. wheat germ

a handful of frozen blueberries from last summer - mine came from Michigan's west side. I dug deep in the deep freeze for these beauties!

Mix all the ingredients except the berries. When well mixed, let it rest for 5 minutes and toss in a handful of frozen blueberries. Makes 4 decent sized waffles. I love mine with boiled cider that I bought at Dexter Cider Mill last fall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed your recipe page. I just started one myself at: http://coleensrecipes.blogspot.com/
It is all so new to me. I think I'll give your whole wheat waffles a try tomorrow. Thanks.

Maggie said...

Sounds great! I need to get some wheat germ to cook with. I haven't used it in awhile.