Friday, November 14, 2008

5 stupid things I do in the kitchen

I was tagged by Kate at 4 Obsessions which is a fantastic Ann Arbor blog I read whenever Kate writes something. I love her taste in cooking and reading, and I sure wish I could knit as well as she does. I currently can only knit scarves. It's because I have the attention span of a gnat. However, I have found that knitting stops me from talking too much and compulsively volunteering for things during boring meetings, so I may need to do more of it! Anyway, Kate would like for me to write about 5 stupid things I do in the kitchen...can I limit it to 5? There's lots I could write about, but here I go:

1) I buy fruit and then let it rot in the fruit bowl. Today, I found 2 rotten apples and a tomato that had turned to soup in the bottom. Yuck!

2) I have two drawers full of food storage bowls, none of which I can find the lids for...but I can't bear to throw any out because they are still "good".

3) I have no idea what's in the back of my kitchen freezer. I really should clean it out and organize it.

4) On top of my fridge is jammed a million Campbell's soup labels and Box Tops for Education. I've been collecting them since my eldest started kindergarten; she is now in middle school. Sometimes, when I slam the fridge door, soup labels fall on the floor like snowflakes.

5) I bought a bottle of Frangelico last year, thinking it would taste good in apple cider. It doesn't, but I forgot I already tried this and bought another and rediscovered the same thing. Anyone have a good recipe that uses Frangelico? I've got lots to use up!

Let's see, who to tag?

The Hungry Masses Long time no write....now is the time!
Dog Hill Kitchen
TennZen
Life at the Burrow

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Thanks for the tag! I added it to some others I needed to do and posted today.
My post

Maggie said...

And I do your #5 all the time. I always buy booze forget about it and then buy a second bottle. For rare drinkers we have an overstocked liquor cabinet.

Kate said...

Heh heh heh--I'm starting to feel better already! Love #4.

For the Frangelico, I had a friend who used to drink Frangelico and soda on the rocks in the summer. It was surprisingly refreshing (of course summer is a looooong way away...) Otherwise the only thing I've done with the stuff is use it in baked goods/desserts/hot chocolate.

Shayne said...

your know those labels only work if you turn them in

TennZen said...

Thank you for the tag - this one is fun!

That is funny about the soup labels. I used to save the Box Tops for Education until I sent a whole mess of them to school with my son and found out that instead of turning them in, he just threw them away.

Sandy said...

If I close my eyes when reading stupid things #1 - #3, I almost feel like I am living back at home. Lets just say that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree - although I don't think Mom realizes these are faults and not normal. Last night when we were there for dinner, Karen was looking for a matching lid to put some leftovers away and we referred to the "I can't believe it's not butter tub" as "Grandma's Tupperware"